Tomorrow has come, Today

Monday, September 17, 2007

You got me!

Maybe I’m naïve and that’s why Hubby finds it so easy to pull a fast one on me …

He said we’re going camping this weekend along the Columbia River gorge. Conveniently I hurt my knee the night before so he ends up having to pack! No, he didn’t have anything to do with the injured knee and yes, its not often he packs for a trip!

So we’re off at noon on Friday, to “beat the traffic”, he says. I hesitate to tell him I’m re-thinking the whole camping/hiking trip (think bad-knee). So we drive to Portland and I’ve been in and out of my current book until I notice we’re driving by a Spa that looks real cool by the way! I point this out to him. *Sigh* I knew we should have taken the GPS I think. Its almost 5 in the evening and we aren’t at our campsite yet?

He says we should ask for directions but then grins and says THIS is the campsite. I ask where the River is. The hotel is right on it he says. I can’t believe it, I’ve been had! Again. J (And he'd packed camping stuff as well so I wouldnt have a clue!)

Two blissful days later, I’m rejuvenated. Portland is a lovely city we discover. People, Food and Scenic beauty- it had it all, in abundance. The best Tuscan tomato soup we’ve ever tasted (beyond Tuscany I’m sure) and the most decadent Chocolate Mousse ever. If you ever visit don’t forget a trip down Pearl District to Moonstruck Café.

And the weather was … well, it’s the North West in fall, if you like the crisp air along with “cloudy-sunshine”, this is the place for you! The Saturday market was a lot of fun. As was Powell’s Book store. Four blocks and 3 stories of books?! Now there’s a Saturday spent well! Ofcourse I don’t buy too many. I still need to convince him that a buying a bookshelf for our home is not a bad idea!

Now I’m back at work and re-living the whole weekend. *Sigh* It was wonderful. Thanks Hubby. Happy Anniversary to you too.

3 Comments:

  • I'm so glad you loved our city. Its a happy place! :-)

    Next time try scooting on the Willamette.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:21 PM  

  • great you lazy bums..no camping ..more romance..sheesh! what all does a sister have to know!

    By Blogger Alpha, At 12:36 PM  

  • SJ- Tell me more about Portland, I love the place! :)

    Alpha- T'was a hectic few weeks so the lazy weekend was just what we needed. Now we'll plan the next camping trip ok? :)

    By Blogger Sheeba, At 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home