Tomorrow has come, Today

Monday, April 09, 2007

Promise me rain (and snow?) next year too!

We've had an amazing winter- a few snow storms that caused life to come to a stand-still (Think un-official day off from work!) and now we're heading into summer, skipping spring all together. Thanks to global-warming, I can now snigger and feel all smug inside, thinking about the people in Texas, Oklahoma and Ohio being snowed upon in April! (Hmmph and they tell me, "I hear it rains a whole lot and is gloomy in Seattle")

Seattle-ites take their sun very seriously. What else could explain the rush of people out on the trails and in the parks at 7pm on a Thursday? Not a mean feat considering I see almost as many out on the same trails jogging with a flourescent vest and and a water repellant hoodie on the aforesaid 'gloomy' days.

I dont think I've ever experienced the sun so pleasant on my skin. Its more like a warm touch as opposed to the scorching blaze of the middle-east and south-india that feels like you're walking into an open furnace. Maybe such a summer needs the rain...

I'd take the drizzle of Seattle anyday, if I'm promised the summers that follow... (Global Warming aside I'm sure!)

3 Comments:

  • And we Californians just have it perfect, all day every day, we are SO spoiled! :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:14 PM  

  • The global warming is so scary. Even here in India we have had unusual completely unpredictable weather tantrums.
    Currently just hoping that this does not affect the mangoes.
    :)

    By Blogger Minal, At 8:57 PM  

  • You said it girl! We're awaiting the mangoes here in America as well! (Atleast Bush did something right this year with the trade agreement!)

    By Blogger Sheeba, At 9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home