Tomorrow has come, Today

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Hazy Lazy Days

A weekend without much ado or tdo = bliss. Sure the laundry's piling up, as are the layers of dust on the dining table. (Hubby's idea to replace it with a pool table is looking very bright now!)

But I dont really care, after-all how often do I get to stay home doing absolutely NOTHING? It was great I tell you! (A Social life is SO over-rated!) At the fag end of a rather hectic Monday, I just have to relive my weekend and thank the cosmic karmic forces that brought this upon me... through this post.

Friday night was good. Went to a friends place for a dinner party. T'was supposed to be a pot-luck but hostess gushed and proclaimed that she wants to cook-for-us! (Be her Guinea pigs ie;) I was all for it! (Err.. did I mention that I brought up the "We should meet up for dinner this Friday" bit!) Like all Friday nights, we wound up around 2 in the am, after a few good games of pool.

Saturday morning, well afternoon, woken up by the phone ringing. "Hi Sheeba, its Mummy, were you asleep?" Looking at the time, I manage, "Nooo, its almost 2pm, I'm err... washing up after lunch!" "Oh! So late..." Sheesh...!!!#$^% Next time I need to script my psuedo-life a little better.

After a hour or so more on the phone, I manage to actually 'wake-up' and now what? Its Springtime in Seattle, so I decide to go out for a walk. The trail takes me to the mall, and no thats not a metaphor, there is actually a trail from my home to the mall! :D

I love the first few months of the year. There are always awesome "deals" to be found. (Thats my rationale behind the shopping bags anyway!)

Back home, a hot bath, a good movie and some comfort food (read home-made chocolate brownies and frozen yogurt) and its time for bed again. Zzzzzzzz

Sunday comes and goes, it was all a haze. (I wonder what was in those brownies!) I decided I need to buy some shades to darken our too-bright living room a bit. Even the gloom of a Seattle winter doesnt help! Hubby doesnt understand why I'd want to block any of that wonderful natural light, people here buy "light-filtering" shades, hence my problem!

But for those rare weekends, all I need is unrestricted access of the couch and block out that pesky light which just destroys my lethargy. Now is that too much to ask?

1 Comments:

  • Exactly my idea of an ideal week end.
    Sometimes, just doing nothing is what is needed to recharge but nothing absolutely nothing can prepare you for a monday.
    This, I know, now!

    By Blogger Minal, At 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home