Tomorrow has come, Today

Friday, September 22, 2006

Lights, Camera, Action!

The Theater- The Glitz, The Glamor and The People... And I'm not even talking about the actual show yet!

Back stage
So after weeks of making Hubby realise that The Theater doesnt always correspond to the Opera (I think this stems from the singers in his home), we manage to get tickets to the hot, Bombay Dreams.

Scene 1- Take 1 (Far away look with laptop on my lap)
Day before the show. I go online to print out tickets and happen to notice they have a 'suggested' dress code. 'Perferably no jeans' they say! I see Red Flags and sirens going off in my head.

Will this be the deal breaker for Hubby? ...........

Scene 2- Take 22 (Number of shirts and pants Hubby changed in and out of while in cavernous closet)
Hubby lost weight recently (a LOT of weight) No dress shirt (he has so few of em!) fits properly and no formal pant in sight! And considerig that his closet goes deeper than mine thats a mean feat.

Scene 3- Give or take a few stores (Looking sheepish in Seattle...)
At the Express. We cant deicde on a shirt. The black one with silver threads or the grey shiny one??? Thats when hubby points to the "Mens Section" and tell me what we are really here for.

Scene 4- Take 1 (Halleilujah, break out the wine, we've ALMOST found IT!)
At Macy's. Men's Section for sure this time! (Is that the latest skinny jeans I see in thaaat corner?) Hmmph, "How about this pastel purpley-pink shirt?" "What? Why? Its hip, its cool! And NO, its called METROsexual now!"

(A dozen takes later we both ooh and ahh over the SAME shirt, so its packed and taken to go immediately!)

Scene 5- Take 3 (Outfits I changed in and out of)
All ready and I say "Letsss goooo" and I see hubby in sweats and curry stained tshirt. He says he's wearing that to the theater. Oh-o what did I do to make him mad now? :(

Turns out he was only joking and was making a pesto-bagel sandwich for himself (Correction to script- PESTO stained tshirt! Yes, I AM a perfectionist sometimes...)

Scene 6- Take 1 (And its PERFECT)
The production was all and more than I'd imagined! The colors, the dancing, the voices and this time I'm talking about the cast.

Ofcourse the people were all gussied up too, but then again... we dont care for appearances MUCH do we? :-D

Scene 7- Take 1-to-go (And its a wrap! Well an Eclair more like...)
Went for dessert after the show. The best ones in town and boy was it yummy! Can feel seams of skirt bulging but that a topic for another day, another post...

3 Comments:

  • LOL on jeans to the theater = deal breaker!!!!

    I have GOT TO see Bombay Dreams! :(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:35 PM  

  • good one, enjoyed reading this.

    By Blogger Alpha, At 6:40 PM  

  • Loved this! I'll be back for more later

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home