Tomorrow has come, Today

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Cloud # 9

The first thing this title brings to mind is ...

Like any young 16 year old, I was a fan of Bryan Adams. "18 till I die" was a song that went on and on in my head even when the tape recorder stopped. Who does not know the "Summer of '69" and tried their hand at the drums and the guitar while they were at it!

But the Clouds have a more profound meaning for me ... Well, I was 10 I think, in secondary school, when I got a new box of Crayola Crayons. On it there was this activity; to scribble with a couple of crayons on a piece of paper and then let your imagination take hold. It also related this to the effect clouds have in the sky ...

Today, I got home early from work. (Effect of working too hard for the past 2 days!!!) As I sat on the couch and looked out at the wide canvas of blue sky with just enough clouds a myriad of shapes began to form in my mind's eye. There was a dragon chasing a yellow canary, (Dont ask me how I knew it was yellow!) I remember doing this with a close friend in school. We used to lie back on the grass and squint through the rays of the sun, put our minds together to make up stories in which the fleeting shapes would make sense. But soon they were gone, to make way for more clouds. (It was so much like a slide-show with our imagination as the director)

And dont even get me started on the stars. In this post (The Belle of the Village), I admitted to one of my silly notions and ... thats all I have to say about that!

3 Comments:

  • Read the old post too. Very cute.

    Wonder if kids today have the time to stare up into the sky.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:24 PM  

  • ..hmm, you all mushy mushy lately, rationale?....
    u still in collar?

    By Blogger upsilamba, At 1:24 PM  

  • Upsi- Collar gone! But have to start physio sometime to strengthen neck muscles

    Anon- Thanks. I dont know about kids today but I'm glad I did! :D

    By Blogger Sheeba, At 12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home