Tomorrow has come, Today

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

It's Super-Baby!

I had started on a post all about my niece a year or so ago, somehow never got to completing it. I just read it today and chuckled quite a bit. However, I am not going to share it here as I havent yet articulated how I would describe most of her mannerisms! (I think thats going in one of my "personal" journals!)

She turns 3 today and I dont know a cuter baby! (Now my sis would add a "You dont know many babies do you?") As soon as she heard our voices on the phone she grabs it to say, "Thank you Aunty and Uncle"! (I dont think I even knew what that meant when I was 3!)

Just cant describe it, she has this charm about her (probably gets it from her Mom). I think she will make friends rather easily... if she wants to! My Hubby and his sister fell in love with her immediately. So, it wasnt only me! My theory of being biased to my sister's kid was dispelled. (Though I'm pretty certain thats one of my reasons)

She's also super smart. What with having brainy parents (ahem, and aunt) and all! (Ok, just so you know sis, I am not angling for your share of the family heirlooms!)

My SIL is planning on a trip to Europe with a hop over London in a few months. She's been pulling on a few nerves by reminding me that she will be the first to see my neice... again. (After all, little kids' memory's only extend so far ... a time period) Hmmph! Sometimes I wish we did not live as far apart as we do, sis! :-(

Some of the silliest things that I remember can be attributed to my niece. Her enthusiastic greeting of, "Hello Bug", with her eyes shining and 3 tooth grin or "Boingy boingy boingy Bing", from her Dora story book, being on the top of that list!

She lives on the east end of the Atlantic Ocean, I'm in the Pacific North West! I think it's precious how she thinks she can get to her Aunt's place in 2 hours. But then again, whats that in the sky? Its a bird! A plane! ...

Err.. Sis, dont translate my fantasies to her, she might get ideas! I've been watching way too many Superman Returns trailers.

Dedicated to you, Bobbee the Coot. Have a Lovely-Happy-Birthday. We miss you and your Mummy and Daddy a whole lot! :-)

4 Comments:

  • sharing one of my fav's with you, rationale:-

    With what shall we bless this child?
    With a smile like light,
    With eyes, large and wide,
    To see every flower, animal, and bird,
    And a heart to feel all that she sees.
    (Author unknown)

    Happy Bday to your niece.

    By Blogger upsilamba, At 7:01 AM  

  • if only bobbee could read wat u hav written abt her :).we'll meet up b4 u know it - and when v do....bobbee's all yours for the rest of the time we're together!!! :)thanks once again for all the lovely pressies..devika's busy giving the 2 doggies a looooonnnngggg....bath!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:36 AM  

  • awww..when she starts reading, she'll be so touched.

    By Blogger Alpha, At 4:32 PM  

  • she better not read alpha's blog for a longggggggg time.

    Considering the age+ it is going at, only alpha will be reading it in the future. what, with all being 30- and alpha 30+.

    j/k, alpha

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home