Tomorrow has come, Today

Friday, September 29, 2006

Heroes of Our Time

I'm not talking about the real kind of heroes that we hear about daily in the news; “2 year old saves doll from raging fire” or even “Man risks life to save cat” No, I'm talking about the sudden wave of super-heroes making their way into our homes via the media ... (Think- travel through fiber optic cables!)

What I like about these 'powers' is that they actually explain the how's and whys as opposed to the 'miracles' that occur now and then in the REAL world! (Hows that for being self-absorbed?!) Doesn't it make sense?- A few gazillion decades or so down the line, wont we as humans evolve ('cos the process is THAT slow!)? I'd settle for less body hair for a start! :-D

Another theory is that of cellular regeneration. Now this 'big word' is the root cause of the 'abilities' that the heroes of these myriad shows pocess. Some of which I'd not mind having... the ability to 'teleport' (another fancy word for 'travel-in-the-blink-of-an-eye') oneself to anyplace.

I think back to when I was growing up, the one power I would have loved to have was to be invisible. (I'd rather not have you guess as to why!) I loved cartoons and the “Bionic 6” was my favorite. It was about this family of 6 (duh!) who were ...well... bionic (double-duh!) Err, I guess it was a simpler time when the name gave away everything unlike now when we have movies like “Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind” (What the heck does that tell the to-be-viewer!?)

These stories stretch my imagination. (Some people may say its already stretched to the point it cannot swing back to normalcy, but thats not the point!) Now, if I could choose, I'd settle for the power to just have myself in 2 places at once; one of me at work and another whiling her time away, lost in a world of imagination ... flying high with the other heroes of her day. Not necessarily saving people or averting crime, after all since its in my imagination, heroes have the right to their days off too!

1 Comments:

  • Ok girl! I'll tivo it!!!! Quit bugging me about it at work LOL

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home