Tomorrow has come, Today

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Harry Tales

Well, I'm done with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows! Finally, I can now rest easy ... Read on, cos I'm not going to spoil it for ya.

I'll give it this... it was action packed. It was all I could do to read slowly so not to miss who stunned whom, and what curse hit who. There were times when even my imagination needed a re-cap to fully experience the sheer havoc that is Harry's life. Reading 200+ pages a day for 3 days was easy since I've taken to the "boy-who-lived" whos now come of age and is a man. My man however, had me narrate the story to him each night before bed. This wasnt easy since there are so many little references to the other books, I skipped bits and pieces so as to not shorten my sleep time!

But eventually, I felt guilty, why shouldnt he know the excitement I got from reading the story, the way it folds out...? He was particularly saddened by one of his favorite creature's death in the plot. Oh well... thats a wizards life!

I live vicariously through Harry Potter ... since my world has none of the flying-on-broomstick excitement. Theres no way to 'disapparate' out of a room when you feel like it. Cant cast the 'muffliato' spell when someones evesdropping... I can go on and on.

So now what? On to the next book... I'm considering The Pied Piper by Ridley Pearson.
On the Harry Potter front, I can only wait to watch the next movie now... and spoil it for all around me while I go, "Oh that wasnt how it went in the book!" Hmm I can be pretty sanctimonious I guess ...

1 Comments:

  • Some just spoiled the ending of the 6th book for me! :(( After she knew I hadnt read it! Waaah!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home