Tomorrow has come, Today

Friday, July 20, 2007

And.... Everything in its place!

I thought it was about time I sorted through the boxes in the closet and unpacked everything. This was a thought I had about 2 years ago when I moved in... NOW, its time to sort through all the unpacked stuff and organise em!

It was surprisingly easy to adjust with Hubby whos in no means a control freak when it comes to orderliness. Heck, he's so out of control that I suddenly realise why we get along so well!

Categorizing has never come easy to me. I shy away from placing ANYthing into invisible divides. (Well, in this case, drawer dividers and folders in a filing cabinet...) I hold onto diversity in my life, so why place such stringent rules on materialism? I mean, isnt dividing my stuff into piles quite like placing people into stereotypes? Hmm maybe I need to re-think this whole idealist re-org weekend and spend it by getting to know the new hippie-couple across the street!

Anyhoo, once I had no more excuses with which to convince myself I started the actual sorting. Mounds of clothes, books and what I can only label as "knick-knacks"... and I stumble across old journals, photos and quite a few fashion mishaps. What was I thinking!?

5 hours later, it feels good to be organised! I never knew how it felt to actually know where something was before I wanted it, didnt realise that "If first you dont find, search and then search AGAIN!" didnt have to be my motto. I guess my Mom was onto something when she would yell at us to "arrange our rooms". Ofcourse until now, clean-up just meant moving the pile of things labelled "stuff" from one closet to another- that was used less often!

Now I just need to decide what to do with all this extra time... Maybe nows the time to tackle the mess on my desk at work?

And the icing on the cake?- Seeing Hubby put his shoes away, on HIS side of the shoe rack, and to hear him say, "Ah, it feels so strange (er... good?) to be SO organised." Hmm this MUST be love... or marital bliss at the very least!

Is it strange that we're getting far far away this weekend; camping out in the drizzling rain even... just to get away from home? I think we're yet to figure out a place for ourselves ... in our now 'organised-life' *siiigh*

Psst, we still have a place in our hearts where "stuff" resides... Its a dark place in our garage called the attic. Other than a box labelled "holiday decorations",theres a whole lotta "stuff" around it. There's a place for everything?

2 Comments:

  • What!!? YOU and organised! Darn it... matrimony has changed you? Whrs that 'free-spirit' we talk about?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:44 AM  

  • Its like "Wheres this and that and everything else". I envy your organised spaces now. Woe is me! :(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home