Tomorrow has come, Today

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

It makes the world go round ...

You can find it all around you. When did cynicism become such a staple in our lives? Everybody is quick to judge. Infact even if I take a few minutes, I dont think I could come up with a single person I know who isnt on a judgemental high-horse! Take Simon Cowell- the ultimate in judging who doesnt know a thing about singing, he said so himself! Well his only excuse is- thats his job!

What about the rest of us? I try, hard, not to judge people by their lifestyle choices, after all whatever works, works right? Wrong! Each and every one of us have this perfect-idealistic idea about life and how it should be lead. Who says I cant have that extra brownie from the breakfast tray at work? If I choose to live in the suburbs in a condo, does that imply I dont visit the city often? If I'm a tourist in a new place, why isnt it 'cool' to do touristy things?

Heck, I judge people too! Its become more of a moral fight with my alter-ego these days- I'll pretend I dont hear it, while it does its thing.

I can only infer that the 'simple-life' is not in style anymore. I get a 'ho-hum' if I say, " I stayed home this weekend, just relaxed." Maybe I should try, "I actually bungee-jumped off a bridge only to realise I'd forgotten to strap myself to the cord but then I remembered I could swim so I dived into the water narrowly missing a passing cruise ship!"

How droll! Oh and did I mention, I feel cynical today?

1 Comments:

  • Restrict cynicism to celebrities. What do you think they put themselves up there for?

    By Blogger Mitali, At 10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home