Tomorrow has come, Today

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Variety is the spice of my work-life

One of those days at work when I wonder why I just didnt stay home, as I have nothing to do at work! Well, why waste a day-off when I can laze around in front of the TV at work as well! (Though here, I need to atleast pretend that I'm doing something useful) I guess typing this out looks like I'm working! :D

Well I certainly work with an interesting bunch of people. (None of who know about my blog and I plan to keep it that way!) There a guy from Turkey, an Afro-Am gal, a Swedish gal, a Candian born Chinese guy, an Aussie-wannabe, an Irish-Am turned jew(!) and ofcourse an Indian guy. (We have to be the one that breaks the ranks!) In diversity comes variety- the lunches we go out for, the water-cooler topics and ofcourse the culture-shocking conversations are just some of the reasons that get me to work on a Monday morning.

Just talking to these people make me realise what diversity is all about. In India, we boast a multi-religion/cultured society. But to be truly multi-cultural there needs to be interaction and positive vibes between them all! Personally, I feel we're lacking in them, categorizing people by state, religion and even caste! ("Salah Madrasi", "Patel trips" and "Arrogant Delhi-ites" are some of the common terms I hear ...)

And to think I've heard these very terms only after I set foot on American soil. Hows that for irony?

3 Comments:

  • What? You never heard 'mallu' in Bahrain? May be people were careful around you!
    In Bombay, we have bihari

    By Blogger Mitali, At 9:52 AM  

  • Yep have heard "mallu" in Bahrain. But that was usually the mallu's refering to themselves! :)

    And dont get me started on the mallus that disown their 'own-kind' if they cant speak mallu! :D

    By Blogger Sheeba, At 2:06 PM  

  • kithe gayi sony?

    no news from you for a long time, rationale -- all okay?

    By Blogger upsilamba, At 7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home