Tomorrow has come, Today

Monday, July 30, 2007

Curb your enthusiasm

"No friends, No enemies", my Dad used to say. And I'd scoff at how he could be so un-trusting sometimes ...

Now, I must admit, being too friendly and chatty with people has its downsides, especially when they're people who are going to be in your life forever. I dont mean the people you choose- close friends, life-partner, co-workers to hang out with ... most are expendable. (Well, maybe except life-partner) But I mean, the people you "inherit"- life-partner's closest friends, closest friend's life partners and.... *drum roll*.... the in-laws.


Heres the conundrum- would you rather be labelled as a person who "doesnt talk to me much" or the "i cant believe she said that" ? I'm sure both have their pros and cons like everything and everyone in this world but I sure know which one is easier for me. :-D


Not that I only take the easier paths in life. (I married out of caste, age, state and culture didnt I?) If I ever have kids in my life, I think I'll encourage them to marry someone from another country (or maybe it'll be planet by then!) Err Sis, I wont encourage DD, I promise!


Getting back to the topic at hand, hubby is pleased with my take on things. Cant ask for more I guess. I think I opt for the less-stressful paths if they dont matter in the bigger scheme of things.

I would never have thought I'd be this easy-going... but then again life throws surprises at ya. If its dark chocolate, taste it; you never know ... you actually might end up loving it! (And if its good for you, its a plus!)

5 Comments:

  • I see the out-laws have caught up with you. :D :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:16 AM  

  • My god...all the chattering you do is after that rule??? I wonder! My poor brother!

    -the in-law who feels she talks too much.

    By Blogger Alpha, At 10:26 AM  

  • Angela, its been a ball until now! Hope it doesnt turn into bowling.

    Alphu, some of the "too much" has to rub off on me right. It's all part of the game.

    By Blogger Sheeba, At 11:08 AM  

  • With you on this one. Better to speak when spoken to when it comes to MIL's and FIL's. Unless you're endowed with really really nice ones. :))

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:15 PM  

  • infosin- my mil is pretty sweet actually. :) i meant talking 'less' in general to ANYbody!

    By Blogger Sheeba, At 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home