Tomorrow has come, Today

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Run or be run-over!

I think people take the saying, “An idle mind is a devil’s workshop” too literally! What else would explain the fact that just about all my close friends are training for marathons across the world right now?

Well on the bright side, it does prove that none of them are Satan worshippers, for sure!

I guess I can be good and cheer them on (give to the many causes that they run for) or I can jump out from the sidelines, stick a leg out and trip them while they whiz past! Ok, I’m not mean-spirited, but it was a rather comic thought!

Jokes aside, I am distinctively proud of one friend who’s aiming to run the Chicago marathon this summer. Infosin that’s you!

Now back to the gags!

It’s my belief that it takes a large amount of discipline to train for a marathon. That is if you want to do it right. Someone I knew ran a marathon on the eve of his 25th birthday without prior conditioning just because he’d put that on his ‘to-do before I turn 25 list”! Admirable? Foolhardy, I’d say. But hey, look who’s talking! Anyone who knows me can attest to the fact that I’m impulsive.

The run-club at work was signing up new recruits. I excused myself with the (almost) congenital bad-lower-back defense. *sigh* It’s no lie. I can speed walk for miles, bike as well. But running- takes the worst toll.

Darn lucky I don’t like to run I say! Now where do I sign up for the bike-club?

3 Comments:

  • Get into the groove Stella! Pick up those running shoes! :))

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:58 AM  

  • is this a hint of bitterness i see in the inability to run like the wind? :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:33 PM  

  • gams- read between the lines (or atleast the whole post

    angela- no i envy only people who do triathalons! :D

    By Blogger Sheeba, At 9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home