Tomorrow has come, Today

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Weekend on OVERdrive!

I look forward to weekends with as much enthusiasm as a puppy seeing his owner grabbing the leash ...

Weekends give me time to unwind, to do things at a (much) slower pace. 5 days a week I'm on fast-forward, (sometimes even rewind, when I've forgotten something!) so when Saturday morning dawns I switch to slow-mo. Well, to be honest its been a while since I've seen a Saturday morning. From the right end of the day anyway!

All this is fine and dandy until H steps into my life ... He's on a drastically different schedule when it comes to holidays and weekends! Think jack-rabbit on prozac!

Our time away from home on holiday or a vacation usually fits into one of these categories:-

- Family time
- Culture Shock (this is where we shock the locals somewhere with our antics!)
- Adventure Sport (trust me, rock climbing without any gear on a whim isnt as fun as it sounds!)
- Beach surfing (more like a lot of swimming, slipping off of surf boards)

I get what H means by 'making-the-most-of-our-time' at a nice place ... but waking up at 7am? To go for a jog on the beach??? Are you crazyyyyyy? (So what if I never saw a sunrise at the best beach on the planet! Sunsets are as beautiful, right!!??)

I hope I havent led anyone to believe I'm a lazy person, no way! I am branded as the "energizer bunny" when I go way ahead of my group during a hike up a mountain. It was pretty treacherous and I got an earful, actually 2 ears-full of admonishments from H and others when they caught up with me. (They thought I had fallen off a cliff or a freak-show/cougar had got to me or something! Yeah! Like THAT ever happens in the wild!) Well, in my defense, I was just curious to see what was around the next bend, and then some ...

But even the energizer bunny needs a few lazy days. To recharge, rejuvenate and relax. So give me my lazy mornings. Let it be ... Let it be ... (Definitely, words of wisdom!)

4 Comments:

  • you have been away for a while! welcome back!

    i know what you mean! i have symptoms of weekend lethargy too! but your boy sounds really funny! :))

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:13 PM  

  • who is H?

    By Blogger Alpha, At 5:47 AM  

  • Sandra- This isnt lethargy, its concious laziness. :D

    Alpha- H=Hubby dearest

    By Blogger Sheeba, At 3:00 PM  

  • Yes! The Rattlesnake ledge scare I remember. That was really naughty of you. :))

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home