Tomorrow has come, Today

Monday, November 19, 2007

Judement day, al(l)-ready?

There's so much of judgement in the air these days, its no wonder there hasnt been a study that tells you to live a certain distance from the judging-broadcast 'stations'. I guess that would be equal to living like a hermit? (I think I see this lifestyle in my future... More on this later)


Take Sam for instance. She's a do-gooder, quick to please, not a mean bone in her body. But there's only so far she will go for herself. Why? She has friends and family who judge her.


When did people become so judgemental? I bet its the dishwashers, washing machines and the frozen dinners of the world that delivered the time- that was meant to be put to better use. Veggies are pre-washed, as notions are pre-concieved. Laundry is automated, rather like courtesies. There are cycles for the dishes- light, heavy, tough-scrub quite synonmous to preset cycles we're expected to follow- marriage, kids and vacations.


Now forget Sam... lets think about Angie; shes a genuine person, down-to-earth- is that why she has many opinions about how the world should be? I guess thats ok, but why does she speak about them as the only way to go?

"Peer pressure", is what I hear when I ask, "Why this now?" Peer pressure? In your adult-life? And here I thought, there were some advantages to being old(er). Naive (old) me. :-)

"You cant be non-judgemental", Rohan tries to tell me. "Its part of the human psyche."

Oh how I wish thats not true! Do we all really have a judicial part in our brain? Certain opinions that become etched in its recesses, unyielding? Werent we built to evolve, adapt to change.

Well I guess we've definitely proved Darwin wrong then!

2 Comments:

  • I knew you blogged! Found ya! :)

    Oh dont get me started on judging-ppl. I do it, but when they do it, I dont like it! Hahhooohooo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:14 PM  

  • There is controversy surrounding Darwin's theory as it relates to the brain. :-D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home