Tomorrow has come, Today

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

My Movie Man(ia)

When it came to schools, I was all about ready to live and let live, that is until I created a facebook account!


High school..... Seems like yesterday I was begging my Mom not to go with her chosen form of punishment- NOT to send me to school that day! Yeah, I loved going to my school THAT much! It was so much of fun, the activities, the funny teachers and the siiiigh boyzzzzz.


For some inane reason, I never admitted my crushes to even my 'best' friends. Sure I was a part of a group call PSMS (yeah just one s long of PMS!) I listened to the 3 of em gushing about Jason and how cute his haircut was... or Deepak and how he looked at P this morning. Oh and the endless teasing of M with Saj, which we still do today. S used to blush when ever Tarun passed by her.


But me? I always said I didnt have a crush on anyone.... ever. I wonder if they really believed me? Well I guess they might have, as they seemed pretty awestruck that a gal could be immune to a guy's cuteness. (There's a different term for that these days, but we wont go there!)


Then there was the 'number'. "How many guys have asked you out?"-number. I think I averaged about 1 a year until the 12th grade. Not too bad, but only I didnt admit to this either to my friends! They knew about some of these guys since well, a guy drooling over a gal during gym period was very obvious. And then came the incessant teasing, the 'oh shes blushing' (which was probably the effect of 100F heat in the middle-eastern summers!)


This brings me to K. He was the kind of guy you'd call a 'loser'. In all the bad books of the teachers, always late to class, wrinkled shirt not tucked in, messy hair ... you get the picture. Oh and he used a lot of then termed 'bad' words. And as far as I remember, no girl was really 'into' him. He wasnt one of the 'cool' boys.


So when K casually asked me out one day, I shuddered and quickly looked around to see if anyone had noticed. No one had and by the time I'd turned back to K, he'd already moved onto the next gal with a shrug, anticipating my reply no doubt.


I would have been embarassed to bring this up at all, if I didnt find out recently (this is where facebook comes into the picture) that K is now a star in Bollywood!


Graduating high school was fun- the parties, the farewells. By the end of it, I was so eager to get on with college, I catapulted my way out of a 'relationship'. (Oh, what were they thinking? That'd we'd get married after high-school? This isnt Beverly 90201 you know!)

Ah college in Madras, not too bad I'd say. The music, the movies, the food... good times!


Racing home one day on my scooter (had to get home before aunt did), I cut across a back-alley and found myself in the middle of a street cricket game. The guys playing glared at me, challenging me to try to get through their pitch. Well, I did. (Getting on bad books of aunt equals doing my laundry myself)


The next day, I was home alone and sitting on the balcony, when this guy, V starts yelling at me. I told him I no understand Tamil and he says something like, "Well, why are you in Madras then?". One retort led to another and the last thing I remember him saying is, "I can teach you Tamil, lets go out to coffee". Thats when I went inside laughing and shaking my head.


A year or so later my cousin tells me about this new star in Tollywood who's from his school and is a huuuge deal right now. And he's excited since this star lives right around the corner from aunt's place...

Maybe I should start taking more of an interest in Bollywood and Tollywood.

7 Comments:

  • K and V? I think I can guess one if not both of em! ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:51 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Mitali, At 2:34 AM  

  • By K, you don't mean K Jhaveri, do you? Read this: http://educatedtatya.wordpress.com/2007/11/17/my-past-is-here/? Same person? I think he asked out everything that moved, and I was the only one desperate enough to agree.

    By Blogger Mitali, At 9:41 AM  

  • anon- this coming from a person who wont admit to their name? :D

    mitali- gosh girl! thats hilarious! i'm pretty sure u jst took pity on him. ;)

    By Blogger Sheeba, At 10:30 AM  

  • What about all the others? No stories to go behind them?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:47 PM  

  • You mean I'd have seen you on ET?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:19 PM  

  • infosin- there's a story for them all. lets leave that for the next PJ party! :D

    patty- hmm maybe not ET but definitely Zee or Sony TV! :))

    By Blogger Sheeba, At 11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home