Tomorrow has come, Today

Monday, December 10, 2007

Patent Pending

Putting together that perfect holiday outfit for the office party is quite a daunting task. Its a strange milleu, so you cant dress too sassy but you dont want to come off as a fuddy duddy either! Hmm... I was all about to give up a just get a vinyl sheet and wrap a red bow around my waist. (The patent look is in right?)

A trip to the mall got me a lot of commiserating looks from shoppers and shop assistants alike. "Office party?", "Oh THIS would be fabulous!", she would say about a probably-not-sold-one-in-weeks outfit! I'm no hill-billy when it comes to fashion. I get my usual fix of trendy trinkets from friends, my sister and the occasional mag while waiting for something, somewhere.

So I continue my trudge through the shops, stopping at all the wrong stores. (I dont need another pair of sneakers! I pray for guidance to the dress-shoes ...) And I finally find a pair of shoes I think I maybe able to (not) fall for (while standing in party on 3 inches for 3 hours!). BUT I'm being helped by rude shop-girl who doesnt looks like she's happy getting me 3 different sizes for each shoe I want to try on. Hmmph! Why work in customer-service, if you cant at the very least FAKE a smile?

Knowing myself and my short attention span, I try to get done with this chore today- or its back to the vinyl and bow idea for my dress. (Dont think H would like to 'present' me that way at his party! haha) Rest easy everyone, I did find a few things I liked. (Including patent shoes, a purse and a belt! Hmm... the vinyl idea may not be too far fetched now.)

Halleulujah, Happy Hannukah and to all a goodnight! :-)

9 Comments:

  • you found the elusive one? where oh where?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:47 AM  

  • sam! good to see you back! i got it frm bcbg. if you're in the market for one, try these:

    french connection
    maggy london
    bcbg
    bebe
    mango
    macys.com

    By Blogger Sheeba, At 11:50 AM  

  • will you come shopping with me this weekend? :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:05 PM  

  • angie- sure! if we can stop by cupcake-royale near yr place! ;)

    By Blogger Sheeba, At 11:48 PM  

  • And I saw the pictures. You look stunning gal!!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:55 PM  

  • and the patent shoes?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:38 AM  

  • Happy new years! Where art thou?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:57 PM  

  • infosin- thanks. and i saw the engagmnt pics- kudos on the hair and makeup, you were a vision in white! :)

    anon- aldo

    idol- wish you the same! am back but not organized. :D

    By Blogger Sheeba, At 10:34 PM  

  • Good post.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home