Tomorrow has come, Today

Friday, April 18, 2008

Don't Shoot the Passer-by!

I've often found walking downtown to be a great source of entertainment. It can suit practically any mood that I'm in.

Comedy? How about the man who's just bent over to tie his shoelaces but realizes he's worn loafers today. (He maybe drunk at three in the afternoon, but hey, I'm not here to judge!)

Romance? Watching those in love stroll hand-in-hand oblivious to the curses and stares they receive from those around, willing them to move just a little bit faster... until someone "accidently" puts forth an expletive out loud. (Hmm maybe I categorized this wrong)

Anyway, you get my drift. So here I was walking along the waterfront when I hear a "whoosh" and before I can react, a lens comes flying at my already crooked nose. (Yes! Its ever so slightly turned to one side) Tears in my eyes, I hoped that my nose was back in shape, after all the pain I suffered! But I guess I was hit on the wrong side of my nose, since I don’t see a change. (Hmm it DOES look a little MORE off, H says)

What’s with all the amateur photographers these days? Have those humongous lenses become suddenly cheaper? Is it the "green" thing to do this year?

Having been an avid photographer myself when in high-school, I know why it’s a much-loved hobby. Plus its so much easier these days to display your 'collection'. However I do miss the minutes spent in the dark (red) room, swishing through developing fluid, waiting for the picture to show up- like magic!

But I digress. All I'm saying is ... all you Riis wannabe's out there, please mind your lenses. And your camera straps. Not to mention your tripods!

I'll get to the voyeurism later ...

4 Comments:

  • some people will bring a lense in between themselves and life.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:43 AM  

  • kinda like seeing the world through non-colored glasses? :))

    it does seem like a recent affliction with a lotta folks!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:52 AM  

  • spooky having people you dont know take pictures of you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:06 AM  

  • si- thats their call. but dont get into my way in the process!

    anon1- i guess....

    anon2- right on!

    By Blogger Sheeba, At 9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home