Tomorrow has come, Today

Monday, May 05, 2008

My handbag said the funniest thing the other day …

Personality- it’s the buzz word these days. Everyone is in a quest to showcase theirs or acquire someone else’s. It’s no wonder I see an ad that goes, “Packed with Personality!” And this is an ad for a handbag! Who’d have guessed that handbags needed a personality?

I can’t say I’ve heard it all, I trust in people to bring out even more idiosyncratic ways to cater to consumers. Have we really given a lease on ‘life’ to inanimate objects by saying they have a persona?

I guess a population explosion has yet another drawback to its name. Genesis got it right with, *"Too many people ... There's not enough love to go around." The only logical way to go about doing anything these days is to standout and make it unique. After all, no one really has the time to get to know anyone. So why not make a statement with the cell-phone skin? Or chic socks!

I hear the term “cookie-cutter” being used so often these days and regrettably it isn’t remotely connected to a recipe for shortbread! I don’t say I like everything to look alike or only buy mass produced stuff but at the same time I wouldn’t turn my nose up at something just because it’s from Ikea!

So when you have to choose between a condescending and a complementary observation, choose the latter people! Think what it will say about your personality.

Congeniality- definitely a unique trait!

* Awesome video by Genesis

3 Comments:

  • all want to be different. how can we ever be the same?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:02 AM  

  • but dont u want to be different as well? if everyone were the same the world wud be BORING

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:40 PM  

  • oh dont get me started on those lifelike cell phone sounds these days! *rolling eyes way to the back of my head*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home