Tomorrow has come, Today

Monday, May 12, 2008

Die Another Day

New job. Cool workspaces. Earthquakes!!!

Third day at my new job and I’m at my desk, trying to configure something while looking like I know what I’m doing. (I didn’t put down “multitasking” under skills in my resume for nothing you know!)

All of a sudden the ground beneath my feet rumbles a little and my thought process kicks my imagination into overdrive. Puget Sound … Seattle area … earthquake prone … maybe even Tsunami … alert coworkers! Oh God, where’s the stairwell?! Haaaaaaaaaalllp!!!

Seeing none of the others around me even rise from their desks quickly got me back to reality.

“Steven, did you feel that just now?”
“Feel what?”
“The tremor” (*How do I look sheepish and intelligent at the same time?*)
“The WHAT? Did you just think we were having an earthquake?!”
“Err … No…”
“Hahahaaaaaaaa, it gets people every time!”
“Ah! Really, now I feel much better. You won’t believe the kind of scenarios I conjured up in my mind”
“Well don’t get too cozy. We ARE after all almost on the water and on a fault line”


*Dooooom!* and to think this was voted one of the best places to work at because of its location

2 Comments:

  • i envy your location too!

    at the very least you have a good escape route- jump into the sound! :))

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:54 AM  

  • angela, jump and get onto a ferry? :))

    rationale, i love your writing style. have you thought of writing a blog for the pi?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home