Tomorrow has come, Today

Monday, June 02, 2008

Seeing the colored world through lenses!

I’ve often wondered about those people that see their lives through a camera lens. Granted these days the lenses are getting smaller or bigger depending on which path you choose to take along that commercial road of camera accessories. But why do they take the effort to do that? Like most quirks, does it all boil down to family?

Do we take pictures only to show family and friends what our lives have been like? Or is it more to capture those moments, to preserve the youth, the memories that engulf the person while they were taking the picture? And are those memories at all tarred by the sheer pressure of getting the scene exposed just right, checking and re-checking to see if the portrait has been captured as envisioned?

I was at a street fair this weekend and spent a lot of time admiring the fresh food, flowers and fruit. Everything looked just a little more appetizing and colorful. Even on a cloudy day! Ofcourse the photographers with their telescoping lenses weren’t far behind … literally!

I fell into a similar rut during my first trip to India (that I remember anyways!). I had my first camera with me at all times. Most of the pictures that were eventually developed happened to be not-so-still life- cows, goats and my own puppy- Tiger.

I’ve lost trace of all those pictures except for a few of Tiger. He’s not around anymore. Am I glad I took those pictures? Yes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home