Tomorrow has come, Today

Thursday, May 22, 2008

What's that again?!

I’ve always thought it was crass to laugh or poke fun of the way someone talks and puts their ideas across. Working in a cross cultural environment provides enough scenarios to put that ideal of mine to a test!

“Where can I find girls?” (Granted, this wasn’t a question asked in my presence, but nevertheless it made the rounds of the office no doubt!)

“Can I use your garage to do oil change for my car?” (I’ve yet to figure out what a graceful response to this would have been!)

You’re fat!”, “What! How can you say that?”, “Ok, jump onto the countertop and prove your agility(I just consider myself lucky to have witnessed this conversation, it was hilarious!)

“What is burrito?” (Believe me this is strange coming from a Chinese person who’s lived all his life in Vancouver BC!)

“Is that a flying plate?” (Think extreme Frisbee!)

“I am destroyed” (I think this was word for word Slovak translation for “I’m tired”)

“I would very much like to sleep with you” (I think this takes the cake! The person meant he would like to take me up on my offer of staying at my place for a couple of days.)

My work place wouldn’t be half as entertaining if it weren’t for these guys! Thanks globalization!

2 Comments:

  • :-)) This was funny! And knowing you all of them were true!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:16 PM  

  • I like "I'm destroyed". So apt

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home