Tomorrow has come, Today

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Resolute Resolutions?

I just realized that 2009 has gone by (no, I’m not slow, let me finish!) and my blog posts can quickly be viewed to reveal 2009’s resolutions! Maybe “write more” should have been at the top. Oh well, a good start to 2010’s resolutions no doubt.

I think I’ve done mighty well in 2009. Let’s recap shall we? Ok, you don’t really care but since this is my space (yeah, facebook is too impersonal) I get to harp on anything I like, so without further ado lets return to my favorites …

Community Involvement improved big time. I dabbled in mentoring, child advocacy, the senior citizen community (and no, not just by turning 30!) My fortitude has been tested and I’ve undergone strength conditioning of a whole new kind.

Who knew the psyche needed “working out” as well?

Rendering recycling in a new way came really easy. I joined the “Green Team” at work and became the go-to person for all things rubbish. Ok, I better rearticulate that! Not-so-singlehandedly, we setup a composting program at work. Our contribution to landfills decreased by 70%!

On the other hand, the dubious smells in the kitchen increased by 50%. Oh well, nothing like a smelly kitchen to suppress the appetite. Diet goals? Check!

Artsy antics fell into my lap this year.
The highlight was a 2-in-1 deal when I helped edit a Tom Sawyer play. And culture you ask? The people and food of Egypt made a lasting impression on my mind and palate.

Reliving my upbringing was never better. Let’s put aside the fact that the picket fence fell over the leading actor’s foot! Or that the heat at Giza made me think that the Sphinx was actually moving away from us …

Vigor was never a question to be answered this year.
It was more of a beckoning force as summer came prematurely and stayed late. Backpacking the forests in the Cascades or the valleys of Hawai’i- my gluteus maximus’ have never recovered quite so fast.

The winter proved tricky at first. But ‘hand made’ snow slides called for shoveling. Not to mention a hyper dog that might just have a secret fantasy of being a road runner to the Wiley coyotes of the North West!

And there you go. I think the secret to attainable resolutions is knowing yourself in the present. I didn’t try to change my ways in 2009, yet I’ve rediscovered facets of myself. It simplifies and complicates things all at once.

It’s simple because it helps me appreciate the little things and complex for I recognize there is so much more to existence than just ‘doing’ (and not living).

Happy New (ok, belated) Year!

5 Comments:

  • Amiable dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:42 AM  

  • Anon- does this mean you're going to be James-ing in 2010 as well? :))

    By Blogger Sheeba, At 12:39 PM  

  • Easily I assent to but I think the post should prepare more info then it has.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:35 AM  

  • More info? Heck, they're my resolutions to begin with! :))

    By Blogger Sheeba, At 1:08 PM  

  • I really liked this post of yours:
    Especially the sentence saying, "I didnt have to change much about myself but rediscovered ...etc".

    By Blogger Sindhu G, At 8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home